Canada Day 2016 Celebrations
Each year the City of Brantford throws the biggest party of the year on July 1st, at Steve Brown Sports Complex/Lion’s Park. This year will be no exception!
The day of festivities begins at 9am with the 6th annual Great Canadian Trail Run (register @ raceroster.com) Take part in the 5km or 10km race, and even a kid’s fun run! There’s parking on site, or take a free shuttle to the park which opens at 11am (info at www.brantford.ca/transit). Main stage entertainment starts at 12-noon with acts running all day until a grand display of fireworks 10pm. You can take a helicopter ride over the city as well!
Other events include the Great Canadian Ball Hockey Tourney- sign up your team or 12 for 3 games (for details or to register 519-759-2255) and the marketplace to do pick up some food and souvenirs! At 10am is the re-affirmation ceremony and repeat oath of citizenship.
For the kids there’s Barney, Little Charmers, Bob The Builder, pony rides & so much more! The event committee is still looking for volunteers to help with Canada Day! Lots of shifts & job variety, day before, day of & day after- a great way for high school students to get in their community service hours.
Take a look at what the day has in store!
- 11am- Brantford Has Talent
- 11:35am- Corner Pocket
- 12:35pm- Miles From Nowhere
- 1:20pm- OPENING CEREMONIES
- 1:55pm- Wavelength (a tribute to RUSH)
- 3:15pm- Harvest Moon (a tribute to Neil Young)
- 4:35pm- Hotel California (a tribute to the Eagles)
- 6:10pm- Motorleague
- 7:15pm- Lee Harvey Osmond
- 8:45pm- BIG SUGAR, presented by OLG
- 10pm- Fireworks!! (presented by City of Brantford)
For the kids at the Young Canadians Stage:
- 12:00noon & 3pm- Bob the Builder & Friends
- 12:45pm & 3:45pm- Kindness Is Not A Fairytale
- 1:30pm & 4:30pm- Barney
- 2:15pm- Dance Trio
- 2:30pm- Scouts Canada Awards
- 5pm- Boyz of POP